Image Credit: NASA
Now accepting applications for the 2017 summer session.
The Writing Fellowship is offered to current students enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program and to graduates who have completed a degree within the past five years.
Submit via email:
- A 300- to 500-word essay explaining why you are interested in science writing and our Writing Fellowship. Please include relevant information about your professional/academic background and your current level of comfort with science writing and communication. Your essay should convey a sense of understanding of our publication’s mission and content.
- Please provide a brief writing sample, no more than 500 words; the sample can be from an academic paper or whatever you choose.
- A letter of recommendation from an instructor or mentor (recommender should email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application materials should be attached to an email with the subject heading “Earthzine Writing Fellowship Application.” In the body of your email, please introduce yourself and provide:
- Your full name
- Contact information: email, mailing address, and telephone number
- University affiliation, course of study, degree(s) sought or conferred, and graduation date
- How you learned about the Writing Fellowship
Emails and inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
The deadline for the 2017 summer session of IEEE Earthzine’s Writing Fellowship is May 1 at 5PM (EST).