– We may be living through the sixth great extinction. Rather than trying to preserve individual species, should we be focusing more of our efforts on saving entire ecosystems?
– High in the Andes Mountains in Argentina, this salt lake hosts microbes that give the lakes distinct colors.
– The Cascade Mountains and nearby forests and lakes provide a good test of the visual range of the new LDCM satellite.
– Nightlife, ecological beauty, and history make the island a popular tourist destination.
– If rivers are a nation’s lifeblood, the US should be on the sick list. More than half of the country’s streams and rivers are in a “poor condition” for aquatic life, according to a survey by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
– Enjoy this timelapse video of the American Southwestern landscape as shot by Les Projections de la Cabane in September of 2009.
– Mr. Barbash maintained the character of the landscape in his designs and took on a nuclear power company and Robert Moses to block projects that would have altered Long Island’s environment.