* Submission deadline extended. Please see below.
2012 Quarterly Theme Issue 4
Sept. 22 – Dec. 21, 2012 Mar. 21, 2013
Earthzine.org is soliciting articles for its 2012 fourth quarterly theme on Environmental Awareness.
Earthzine is an informative scientific online journal dedicated to promoting the societal benefits of Earth observations and the use of Earth information in planning and policy. Earthzine seeks to explore the application of scientific and technological research as well as policy and its implementation for the benefit of society. Earthzine is sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) and supports the Group on Earth Observations in establishing the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS).
Observation is inextricably linked to awareness. The development of a collective global perspective made possible through highly-integrated Earth observations will fundamentally change humanity’s awareness of its environment. We seek contributions addressing theory and practices related to creating and expanding awareness of the Earth’s environment.
Articles for the theme may focus on topics including:
– Theories of global awareness and the role Earth observation plays in creating awareness
- Metrics for gauging public awareness of environmental issues and the dynamics of public perception of environmental change
- Innovative environmental education programs and their role in understanding environmental change
- Policies and practice aimed at influencing environmental awareness
- The role of art in expanding environmental awareness
- The role of religions in promoting environmental stewardship
- People who are at the cusp of creating change in their communities.
The theme issue is scheduled for Sept. 22 – Dec. 21, 2012 Mar. 21, 2013.
We seek to publish articles from all regions of the globe.
We also welcome review articles about programs, projects, organizations, examples of interdisciplinary and/or cross-regional research latest discoveries, and unusual findings. In addition, we publish opinion essays, book and art reviews. Submissions must be in English.
Please submit inquiries and articles to Managing Editor Jeff Kart at email@example.com.
Important dates: Queries to the editors may be sent at any time. Submission of original articles, essays, opinions, book and art for the 2012 Environmental Awareness Theme will be accepted between Sept. 1 and Dec. 1, 2012 Mar. 1, 2013.
Publication: All accepted contributions will be published online at Earthzine.org and will be freely accessible to the public.
Editorial Policy: earthzine.org/editorial-policy/
Writer Guidelines: earthzine.org/writers-guidelines
Reviewer Guidelines: earthzine.org/about/reviewer-guidelines/
GEO/GEOSS website: earthobservations.org/
Dr. Paul E. Racette
Daniel McInerney, PhD
Thank you for your contributions. Earthzine is chiefly staffed by volunteers. Check out the Volunteer & Contribute page at earthzine.org/contribute to become involved.