– Using tiny waterproof cameras, researchers have caught a glimpse of beaver’s home life.
Massachusetts Sets Targets to Slash Carbon Emissions
– State officials have announced a plan curb emissions in the state by 25% below 1990 levels over the next decade.
Breeding habits of toads and frogs hit by climate change
– Research coming from South Carolina in the United States shows that the breeding cycles of amphibians are being affected by climate change.
Biggest Natural Disasters of 2010
– From the massive Haiti earthquake to a bevy of explosive volcano eruptions, 2010 saw its share of natural disasters across the planet.
Why is the north magnetic pole racing toward Siberia?
– The north magnetic pole is the point on Earth where the planet’s magnetic field points straight down into the ground.
2010's Biggest Dirty Energy Disasters
– A slideshow highlighting the top 10 worst energy disasters of the year.
Agropolis: The Future of Urban Agriculture?
– Could Agropolis – a grocery store, restaurant, and farm rolled together – be the future of urban food production?
Outer Space Issues 2011 – Upcoming Trends Forecast by Secure World Foundation
– There are outstanding issues in the coming year that deserve increased attention in terms of global outer space activities.
From Preparation to Response: Coastal Decision Support during the Caribbean Hurricane Season 2010 with RADARSAT-2
This article outlines on-going activities involving Canadian RADARSAT as well as other EO satellite data acquisitions to-date over selected Caribbean sites in British Virgin Islands (BVI), Grenada, Jamaica and St. Lucia that are engaged in coastal disaster management and emergency response. It highlights some image maps and information products that were produced as part of several trials during the 2010 hurricane season. From this trial phase, the participants expect constructive feedback and further improvements, particularly with regard to operational usefulness of detailed EO satellite data.
Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hours
– The Times delves into what exactly happened that fateful day in the Gulf.